Industry events are intended for professionals currently active in the film industry. They include panel discussions, case studies, presentations and workshops, as well as master classes, which are also open to the public. The aim of the Industry section is to support Czech cinematography and emerging talents while also fostering media literacy among young viewers.
Industry events are only accessible to active film professionals and include panel discussions, case studies, presentations and workshops.
Industry passes deliver:- Free access to Industry events
- Free access to press and Industry screenings
- Free access to press conferences if the venue has not been filled by accredited journalists
- Three free tickets daily to three different screenings for film professionals
- One free ticket daily to one screening for students
- Free festival catalogue and promotional materials
- Industry accreditation can also be used for the accompanying programme
Passes will be issued at the accreditation stand in the foyer of CineStar Anděl from 8 March; tickets cannot be acquired on-line and must be picked up on the spot.
Days of Film Industry take place from 25 till 27 March
The first Industry day will be focused on debut filmmakers and will feature a conference about opportunities for distributing European debuts. Panel guests will include sales agents, distributors, festival selectors and film centre representatives.
The other days will deliver debates on the future of audio-visual products in the era of modern technology and panel discussions and master classes on new trends in storytelling and blockchain distribution. There will also be a master class with the Einstein Couple, who handle media campaigns for Lars von Trier, among others (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, A Royal Affair, The House That Jack Built, Nymphomaniac).
We will hold a workshop on cooperation between entrepreneurs in the film and technology fields in cooperation with the Berlin-based agency Propellor, which is a unique film centre focused on the development of new business models for film production and distribution. We are also working with the company Zétema, Giorgio Gosetti, director of Venice Days at the Venice IFF, and Eye on Films on a joint workshop aimed at preparing film professionals for the current international market: the development of digital technology means developing new business models that will majorly influence film distribution and content management, which is key to the development of Europe’s audio-visual industry.
The workshop will chiefly focus on:- An analysis of the current situation on the international market
- A comparison of traditional distribution and new models
- Ways to foster new relationships between international sales agents, producers and local distributors that will define the circulation of audio-visual products in Europe on multiple platforms
Venue: Vienna House Andel’s Prague Hotel, Stroupežnického 21, Prague 5
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.